BURT’S BEES HYDRATING LIP OIL WITH SWEET ALMOND OIL REVIEW

Hello beautiful souls!!

Today's review would be on this Burt's bees hydrating lip oil. I got mine from Sephora Aeon Section 13 Shah Alam for the price of RM 40, you could have a look at Sephora's website  here to read more on the item's description,ingredients and stuff.


This is what it claims on the description from Sephora's website


A hydrating lip oil with Sweet Almond Oil to replenish moisture and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

This 100% natural formula features responsibly sourced ingredients, including Sweet Almond Oil, in a lightweight oil that instantly hydrates and helps lips retain moisture. Plus, these lip oils leave a subtle shine without feeling sticky. Nature-inspired, the natural oils are rich in essential fatty acids to provide intense hydration and 8 hours of moisturisation.

Now I am gonna jump straight to what I think of this product. It comes with two different oils, Passion Fruit Oil & Sweet Almond Oil, I got mine in the Sweet Almond Oil. But based on the description in Sephora's website it does the same thing, the only thing that differ is the taste of it (I think) or the smell, sorry I could not make a comparison between this two cause I only got one.





Hydarating lip oil?

Yes. It does hydrate my lips instantly after I applied it, I mean, any kinda oils would do that after application right??

Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles?

Yes. I agree with this because when your lips look plump, it covers the lines and wrinkles.

Light weight?

Yes. It does not feel heavy or too much. It does not make the lips suffocated,needing air so that your lips could breathe or something like that, it doesn't bother you much, in my opinion, petroleum jelly give me that kinda like "suffocating " feeling after application but I just gotta bear with it cause I need to treat that chapped lips of mine, and this product doesn't give you that feeling.

Retain moisture?

Yes. Retain moisture as long as lip balms?? Not really though, it absorbs into the skin faster than balms, hence, not really doing a fantastic job for me.

Subtle shine without feeling sticky?

Yassss girl!! It wont give you that 'my lips are glued together when I close my mouth' feeling. Like I said, petroleum jelly or very thick balms sorta give you that feeling but definitely not this product.

Intense hydration and 8 hours of moisturisation?

I'm sorry but NO for me. It hydrates, but not intensely and 8 hours moisturisation? Girl, you gotta be kiddin' me. I think the best it could do for me is like ummm 1.5hours max??!!

A lil something something about me I must talk a bit to you guys before you decide to get this product or nah.

I'm allergic to chicken, what happens when I eat 'em?I get super itchy in the sinus cavity area and my lips would turn dry as if I've been in -30 degree celsius weather (okay I am exaggerating) but you get what I mean, like your lips turns white because of the dry skin as if you've just eaten something with powdered sugar on and you didn't wipe out your mouth. Even though I am allergic to chicken it wont stop me from eating them, plus, I eat chicken almost everyday, so what I gotta do to cope with this allergy, I gotta keep my lip hydration game strong, on for the itchy part, I would just suck it up most of the times!ahaha.  cause it only get intense for like 5 mins then it goes away, if it is too bad I'd take Chlorphenamine (an antihistamine medicine that relieves the symptoms of allergies). 

If you are not someone who suffers from an extremely dry lips like me, I think you might like this product because it is super light weight and it feels very comfortable on the lips. But I personally would not re-purchase this again because

 a) It does not give me the long lasting hydration 

b) It is RM40 (to me it is quite pricey for a lip moisturizer kinda thang) but I could get better result with the Burt's bees lip balm with the price of RM 27 (Burt's bees lip balm is one of my favorites) 

Because I still have some of the product left, I only use it before I go out for a jog.The light weight and non sticky property makes it super comfortable when running. I do not like something heavy on the lips when I run,all the sweats,panting & catching my breath during running makes me uncomfortable and on top of that, if I have anything on the face, it gives me the idea that it is even harder to breathe when I have products on my face, and this lip oil minimizes the 'uncomfortable-ness' excuse my made up word.Hihi. but if I used up this product I wont be repurchasing, I'll stick with a normal lip balm,and just apply it very thinly on my lips before I do my exercise. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ICON TREATMENT FOR FLUOROSIS

DENALI & PINNACLES THE WANDERER’S CAFE REVIEW